Is making money the reason why you are establishing a business?
A successful business should no be based on greed, this is what Orange Snowman suggests:
- Write a personal core values statement. Find the essence of who you are what you stand for, what are you insanely passionate about.
- Write a brand statement. Describe how you want you want your clients to feel when they use your products.
- Write down down the means to achieve your goals. Create standards and procedures to assure the feeling of using your products can be constantly recreated.
- Begin Marketing your brand, keep in mind that marketing is visibility NOT SALES.
- Establish a sales strategy based on first impressions. People make decisions primarily based on feelings, then they use logic to justify their decision.
Will your business make it?
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, 70 percent of new businesses survive at least two years, but that drops to 50 percent by the five-year mark and 33 percent at the 10-year point, with just 25 percent lasting 15 years or more. If you only sell “products” your are competing with thousands of other business based in one thing only, price. If on the other hand you are selling a product associated with a feeling, you have little or no competition. You can establish a better price because you sell material things + a feeling.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step
Because establishing a small business may be one of the hardest things we can achieve, it is specially necessary that enjoy the journey. If your business is an extension of your spirit your labor will feel more like self realization and less like hard work. A small business based on your spiritual values will attract, money, recognition and a loyal customer following base.