What is WordPress and why need it?Your website is similar to your body. Your body is held upright by your skeleton, no matter what your age is. WordPress for your website is similar to your skeleton in that it creates the structure of your website. However, WordPress does not determine the final look of your website. WordPress is a content management system (CMS), which helps you manage your content. It allows you to organize the content of your website. WordPress acts similar to a word processing program like Microsoft Word, which means that you can effortlessly edit all of your content.
WP is the best CMSWe believe that WordPress is great for most of our clients for the following reasons:
- WP is open source which means that it is free and offers a large pool of talented people who maintain the software's codes.
- It is so simple to use that even those with limited computer experience can use it. Once our clients watch our training videos, they will understand how easy it is to use and edit their website content. This gives our customers an edge over those who do not understand the full functionality of WP.
- WP is flexible. Flexibility is considered one of the strongest advantages of WordPress. We have been unable to locate a single website that did not work with WP. There are thousands of ways you can expand the features of WordPress. This means that we are able to handle anything our clients have asked of us.
- WP can create thousands of different designs, which means each website will be as unique as you are. If you can imagine it, we can do it using WP.
What is a WordPress theme?In the previous section, we explained how WordPress is similar to your skeleton that it gives your website structure. A WordPress site holds and organizes all of your content in an easy to find and edit space. A WordPress theme is similar to your clothes. You get to pick and choose different themes to change how your website looks. These come in different colors and have different design elements that can be customized to give your website a unique, individualized look. You should not change your website's theme as often as you change clothes; however, updating your theme every 2 to 3 years will keep your website from appearing outdated. Creating or installing a new WordPress theme will instantly update your website without needing to reorganize your entire website.
How does a purchased theme differ from a custom design one?Some businesses have an unlimited budget; however, most people do have a limited budget. Purchased themes allow you to save money without sacrificing on style. You can compare shopping for themes to shopping for clothing. For example, you can save money on your clothing by purchasing inexpensive clothing; however, it will not last as long or look as good as expensive clothing. Themes are the same way. Custom themes are like tailored clothing that fits you perfectly. Custom themes are created to provide your website with a unique, one of a kind look, specially designed for your business. There are many free WordPress themes; however, we do recommend purchasing one from a developer who has a high rating to ensure you receive a quality product. These themes allow you to get a long-lasting theme that looks amazing and makes your website superior. However, if you want a custom look and are willing to pay for it, then you should definitely spend the money. Passion8 and Peachtree Catering are awesome examples of a couple of custom themes that we have created in the past. No matter which type of theme you decide to use, we will help you with every decision you must make. We will explain how each decision may affect your bottom line and your business. We can begin with a purchased them and then customize it so it looks unique or we can create a custom theme for your business. The flexibility of WordPress and the numerous options are just a couple of reasons why we love WordPress.
Orange Snowman creates a design solution
- The designer will create at least two different home page designs for you to choose from. Then there will be two rounds of edits to help ensure the final design is exactly what you are looking for.
- If you would like your website further personalized, we can design additional pages at an extra cost. We will identify your key pages and provide a separate design for each page. Then, we will do two rounds of editing to ensure that the finalized design on these pages is to your liking.
- Once the designs have been finalized, we will take these designs and begin making changes to the theme to create your ideal website. Once these changes are made on your website, you and the designer will have two more edits to make any changes.
- After the content is inserted into your website, you will have one final chance to make sure everything looks great. If there are any issues, ask for those final changes now.
- Finally, your website is ready to go live.