On-Page Optimization, keyword phrases
Keyword phrases should be separated by a pipe character ( | ) or hyphen ( - ); Search engines discount the importance of a given keyword in the page title more or less depending on the total number of words in the title (be brief and to the point). If a page title has 10 keywords, each word is about half as effective as if the title only had 5 keywords. This means we need to try to eliminate words that we don't want to rank for, like "and", "with", "or", etc. Limited to a length of about 4 keywords. 70 characters is the maximum length that will be shown in search engines.
Organic SEO On-Page Optimization: your address URLsURLs are what a user enters in the address bar of a browser to visit a web page. For example, http://www.orangesnowman.com. We target keywords in the URL so that Google and the public can easily deduce what a page is about. When incorporating keywords for On-Page Optimization into the URLs of your pages, we consider the following:
- Keywords that appear earlier in the URL are considered more important than ones late proceed them in the URL.
- The more important a page is, the closer it should be to the root level of a website/blog, in other words they are not inside a folder that is inside another folder.
- Keep URLs short, about 2 -4 keywords into the URL address
- Separate words with dashes, not underscores or other characters. Parameters like "?" and "%" in a URL can confuse search engines, and should be avoided at all costs.
- A website/blog by Orange Snowman will automatically generate clean URLs
- The keywords we choose most also be used in the page's content