Transfer primary ownership
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you want to manage.
- In the left menu, click Users.
- Find the user you’d like to choose as the new owner. To the right of their name, click the box.
- From the dropdown menu, select Primary owner.
- This option only shows up if you’re an owner of the Business Profile.
- Click Transfer Done. Primary ownership transfers to the new owner immediately.
Important: If you sell your business, ensure you transfer primary ownership of your Business Profile to the new owner and stop using the listing. It’s important to transfer ownership so that the history of the Business Profile, including reviews, is maintained over time.
In some cases, you may want to transfer primary ownership of a Business Profile to another owner or manager. If you’re the only user associated with your Business Profile, you can add additional owners and managers.
Learn how to transfer primary ownership of a Business Profile on Google My Business: