My Professional Journey
Orange Snowman’s mission is to co-create websites and marketing materials that engage, connect, and convert. We like to work with kind, enthusiastic clients in a mentoring environment where no one is afraid of expressing their ideas. Our goal is to align the thoughts of the designer and the client towards satisfying the needs of the customer. We strive to be original because when we are true to ourselves, we feel good about the work we do and the lives we live. A Florida business since 2005, Orange Snowman has been transforming straight forward information into, memorable messages. We present your online message in a clear engaging voice and advanced technology that is user-friendly.
– Federico Sandoval
We transform information into engaging messages and provide turn-key solutions to your online marketing needs in a friendly, mentoring environment. Design, Optimization, and Marketing are the pillars of our approach.
- Content Optimization Specialist
- Creative leadership with strong analytical organizational skills
- Result oriented, marketing savvy
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Command of publishing technology
- Motivational & mentoring. teaching skills
- Brand positioning
- Experience Journeys
- Custom Responsive Website Design- information, e-commerce, online learning
- Graphic Design- command of print design
- WordPress theme design- the publishing standard for creating websites
- Video Editing
- On-page optimization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Local Marketing
- Web Hosting- specifically catering to our needs
- Content Marketing
- Social Media- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Tweeter
One of the first desktop publishing teachers at Rutgers University. Taught design fundamentals and early computer publishing software such as PageMaker, QuarkXpress, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Adjunct Professor, Rutgers University, Newark Campus 1987-1989
- Professor, International Fine Arts College in Miami Florida
- Professor, Miami Ad School
- Reputation Management CLE Lecture, Rupert J. Smith Law Library
- Lecturer, Advertising Federation of America– Treasure Coast Chapter
- Palm Beach Community College
- Indian River State College- I often visit the students and are often asked to help juror their annual student show.
- Aspira of Florida– motivational speaker to underprivileged kids. The association promotes the empowerment of the Hispanic community by developing and nurturing leadership (I myself am an Aspirante).
- WordCamp Miami– a conference that focuses on everything WordPress
Orange Snowman’s Origins
Creative Director, e-Man Marketing, Doral Miami, Florida
Designed and produced websites and corporate identities for internet and brick-and-mortar businesses. Created a complete range of marketing strategies with the goal of developing early-stage e-business ideas to life. One of these ideas was the Orange Snowman concept, it was extremely well received, so I began to think of strategies as to how the company was going to grow from scratch, how were we to package our services.
Working for Mark Eman, the owner, was a real treat, not only because he is the ultimate professional, but because of his kindness and good will towards me and my family. He knew I had trouble with my weight so he got me a treadmill to take brakes. My daughter loved to come to visit me at work, in the above picture she can be seen with her funny teeth playing pinball. Mark would often buy me and my entire family to tickets to go see The Cirque de Soleil in Orlando including an overnight stay at the Marriot.
When Mark Eman decided to change the direction of his company he closed his internet startup idea, as a result, I was let go. I was sad because I had lost a very interesting job and also because I had been planning a vacation to The Netherlands with my wife and I thought my plans had to be scratched.
When Mark found out about my disappointment he bought me a week stay at The Marriot in Amsterdam, he bought a brand new computer, gave me all the rights to the Orange Snowman concept and wrote me a poem!
We got to explore Amsterdan in all of its magnificence and the best part was that we did while visiting some old friends.
If I spent the rest of my life looking at art, my life would have been worth living.
.Com Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager, Colombian Emeralds International, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7/1999-3/2001
UI- User Interface Pioneer- I use to manage about 5 developers and a graphic artist, all working full time to make the website Colombian Emeralds International website run. A few years after the .com bust, I remember using software that pretty much did the all the work of all of those developers.
Brand identity, promotion and content marketing for an e-commerce jewelry retailer, with stores in most of the cruise ports in the Caribbean. Developed result oriented marketing initiatives in strategic collaboration with customer service, merchandising, developers and the marketing department. Initiatives included:
- Monthly print & web promotions
- Shopping spree contests- designed to increase sales and to customer profile information
- Reports- sales, customer profiles, purchasing patterns
- Collateral- branding projects for 10buckboutique.com & dutyfree.com
Art Director, Onboard Media, South Beach, Florida
Contributed to the establishment of a publishing Art Department. Design and produce over 25 magazines and hardcover coffee-table-books. From the creation of thumbnail concept sketches to client contact and on-press checks, my involvement was all-encompassing (the company was sold for an obscene amount of money Louis Vuitton). Client included billion dollar properties such as:
- Caesars Palace
- MGM Grand
- The Desert Inn
- NYNY Hotel & Casino
- The Venetian
- Royal Caribbean
- Celebrity Cruises
- Costa Cruises
Associate Professor, Miami Ad School
Taught some night courses (the school was located across the office).
Senior Graphic Designer, Physicians Corporation of America, Miami
Contributed to the creation of a corporate in-house advertising agency. Involved in the design of annual reports, booklets, direct mail campaigns, and other collateral branding materials.
New York Design Agency Experience
Freelance Consultnt Designer / Adjunct Professor, Rutgers University
New York, New York – 6/1990-11/1993
Worked for some of the top design agencies in Madison Avenue. Designed and produced logos, brochures, catalogs, stationery, gift wrap designs, annual reports, slide presentations, postcards video covers and anything I could get my hand on… The Museum of Modern Art bought one of my designs, it sold over $50,000!
- Lippincott & Marguelis– American brand strategy and design company
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Bank Street College– a private, nonprofit educational institution
- The MOMA
- The Guggenheim Museum
- Ciba Geigy
One of the first desktop publishing teachers at Rutgers University. Taught design fundamentals and early computer publishing software such as PageMaker, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Pentagram Design- the largest independent design consultancy in the world
Walker Group/CNI– Part of WPP, one of the “Big Four” global agency companies
Collaborated with architects, interior designers, and industrial designers from all over the world in the creation of retail architecture, visual merchandising, and global corporate identity programs. Being exposed to this level of professionalism set the tone to the rest of my career. Clients included:
- Burdines– FL
- City Bank– NYC
- Brunnigers- Germany
- The Brick Warehouse Corp.– Canada
- FAO Schwarz– NYC
- El Corte Ingles– Spain
- The Guggenheim Museum
Bachelor of Arts
Graphic Design & Sculpture, Rutgers University, Newark
- Outstanding Leadership & Service Award
- Sculpture “Wizards of the Mountains” is added to Rutgers Permanent Art Collection
- President of Spanish Club
- Sculpture teacher at the Newark Museum
- Johnson Atelier Institute of Sculpture- Summer Residency
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop- Summer Residency
I have traveled to over 20 countries with a focus on Unesco World Heritage Sites and museums. I have been married for over 30 years and have two kids and a dog (boy do I love my dog!). My daughter Isabel is about to become a pharmacist and is a UF alumnus. My son Christian just graduated with BA in Psychology from USF.
Working towards becoming the best version of who I can be:
- I Am Precise With My Words
- I Don’t Assume
- I Don’t Take Things Personally
- I Always Try To Do My Best